The vivacious Valentine has made me again very happy by tagging me last week with a fun tag:
I am suppose to list 16 random facts about myself.
It find it a bit difficult to post things about myself, as I do not think I am that interesting.;)
As always, anyone loving this, please feel free to be tagged by me.;)
So, here we go:
1) I love coffee, always have and always will. There is nothing more relaxing and pleasurable than a hot cup of steamy hot coffee. I can drink it at any time, in any climate or season, even in hot weather. I take no sugar and when drinking it on its own, I like to add milk to it. Or better yet, cream.
2) I also LOVE white chocolate. I adore it. It is enjoyed best with a great cup of coffee. In this case, black, no milk and no sugar.
3) I am high maintenance. I can spend hours in the bathroom grooming myself. It was a subject of constant jokes from my family, they teased me and were irritated by this as well.
4) I hate to cook. I love to bake, but I am a lousy cook. I do no enjoy it at all; and over the years I have always had someone to cook for me, so I never needed to learn.;)
5) I talked myself out of a ticket once. It was a parking ticket and I really do not understand what exactly happened or what I said. I just know that I saved about $150.
6) I have a piece of glass in my knee. Yes I do!;) It has been there since I as a child fell over a broken bottle and 2 pieces of broken glass got embedded in my knee. One the surgeon could remove, one was too deep to be reached. And so I carry with me this small souvenir of my childhood.;)
7) I was once in the eye of a Caribbean hurricane. It was an experience I will never forget, nor would I like to experience it again.
8) I walked down the Grand Canyon, all the way from the rim to the Colorado River (and up again) in one day. It took about 12 hours straight walking. I think it was on the south side. On the way back it was a bit scary as it was pitch dark and we walked by a small flashlight. Yaikes!
9) When my family escaped from the East block, when I was a child, the actual "escape" took about 3 weeks and took us trough 5 countries, Sweden being the 6th "destination" country. The escape trip included weeks of driving, one train ride and 2 boat trips, one in a raging storm. We even had an unscheduled stop in the former Soviet Union while on a ferry to Finland. I admire the courage of my parents to this day.
10) I love routines. I live by routines and I need a structure in my day, or I feel very stressed and unsafe. Gee, I have become so boring.
11) I drove across the US two times in a company of friends. Once in an old Toyota Supra, that leaked oil and braking liquid. Furthermore the engine kept overheating. But man, what a fun trip! It is a part of the fondest of my memories. It was magnificent and I love that I did it!
12) I have been snowed in while visiting Washington during the snowstorm of the century. It was in March 1993. The snow came suddenly and was so heavy, that it surprised everyone. I have never ever been freezing so much! Everything was closed down, the whole city came to a halt. Our car was towed and fortunately left in front of the tow pound, rather than inside it. We spend most of the last day walking the streets aimlessly, looking for it. I still can not believe to this day that we found it. Once we did, we just took it and drove home. No one ever objected, then or since. That can adequately describe how chaotic the city was.
13) I am a control freak. I want to control everything in my life. I am trying to work on it, as it makes me very boring. However, I also like to be impulsive and love to be surprised by others. Especially romantically:;)
14) I am a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a friend, a girlfriend, an aunt and a godmother. But I am not a mother. This bothers me a great deal.
15) I am a romantic dreamer. And a daydreamer as well. I can sit for hours staring into nothing, looking as if in trance. But plenty is going on in my imagination.
16) If I could chose my dream life, I would love to spend my time restoring old Renaissance paintings and live in villa San Michele on the island of Capri.
I said I was a dreamer, didn't I?;))