May 10, 2009

"2 Days In Paris."

Yesterday the cloudy and rainy afternoon made for lovely escape into the world of cinema. I have always enjoyed the unusual movies that feature Julie Delpy. She has an ethereal, almost vulnerable charisma and her natural beauty is absolutely stunning. Appearing almost always with minimal makeup, she is a striking, intellectually sensual blond, impossible to miss in a crowd. "Before Sunrise" and the sequel, "Before Sunset", are on my top ten absolutely favorite movies of all time list, which now will include the splendid little gem of a movie called "2 Days In Paris". Watching it yesterday was a treat in every way. Julie not just starred in it, but she directed it and produced it as well, showing her absolute, multifaceted talent. The plot is simple, yet deep, dealing with the clash of two cultures, the problems of relationships and the big question; do we really know the person we are involved with? Does their past matter to us? Do we need to know about it? Eventually, it leaves us to ponder whether all that is really of importance, if we truly love someone. Love should ultimately be enough.

Weather-vise, this Sunday turned out to be a bit of everything. It was very windy, cloudy, with some sunshine here and there. Overall, just your typical late spring day in Scandinavia. The natives here would tell you that the wind is good as it keeps the air clean. Although I hate the wind, I must admit they are right in that respect. The quality of the air here is pristine. It should be bottled and exported, the Scandinavians would make a fortune.

My clematis is growing and it did benefit greatly from all the rain that fell this week. Now it longs for some sun and so do I. Lets hope it will come back again soon.

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mothers out there, including mine.

7 comments:

Hazel Designs said...

I've never seen this movie, and I don't know why! I am totally picking it up :)

Shelly's Style Shop said...

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my last blog! ;-)

I have never seen "2 Days In Paris". Sounds like a good movie and something I will have to see. Julie is very beautiful! I hope you had a great weekend!

xoxo, Shelly

Zuzana said...

=Hazel,
I have never heard of it either, until I accidentally stumbled upon it on Saturday (on my TV with all those new channels).
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.;)

=Shelly,
you are very welcome, I love your new look.;)
Hope likewise your weekend was lovely, I can not believe it is Monday morning again.;)
xo

Hilary said...

Clematis Watch 2009. I can't believe how quickly it grows. This was such a good idea. :)

Zuzana said...

=Hilary,
I am so glad you enjoy these updates.;)) I have always been so fascinated by the speed in which the clematis grows and have always wanted to this for years now; finally the blog helped.;))

Noelle Chantal said...

I haven't seen that movie, and by reading this post now I am curios about this one. a movie about cultures plus love sounds interesting to me. :)

And you are very lucky to be able to breath in a very clean air, Protege. Your healthy garden is the best proof of your pristine air. Manila is quite over populated, that's why living in the provinces is a better choice for us. And yes, please do export your air and send me one! hehe :)

Zuzana said...

=Noelle,
I guess you are right, I never think about the air here as it is natural to me. My parents, that now live in Prague, a major city in central Europe, keep telling me how wonderful the air is in Scandinavia and how they miss it. So I guess I should be happy when it is windy.;))