February 01, 2009

A Cartographer.

Today is the first day in February. The name is derived from Latin, meaning purification. The weather outside is terrible, it is windy and bitterly cold. The forecasts calls for snow, but so far it only looks like snow. I hope it will remain that way, as at this point I am so ready for spring.

I visited Blogthings today and took a fun quiz. Apparently in the Medieval times I would have been a Cartographer and in modern times a Scientist. Interesting, as I am a Biochemist which means that I apparently did choose the correct profession.




You Are a Cartographer



You have a wide range of knowledge and you're very detail oriented.

You have a photographic memory, and you remember places very well.

Like a middle ages cartographer, you're also very adventurous and curious about the world.
In modern times, you would make a good non-fiction writer or scientist.

6 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you picked up on that detail, I wanted to give a more personal look at the photos by holding them. :]

Is this you in the profile photo? So beautiful. =]

xxxx

steviewren said...

Hi, I popped over from Betsy's My Five Men blog to read your post on Britta. Very interesting. I really like the tradition that your mother and father passed along to you and your sister.

I'm off now to see what my medieval profession would have been.

Gal Friday said...

Tried the quiz--I would have been a cartographer, too! I love looking over maps(and at work we sell old maps and often frame them--from the 1700's-1800's). I bet, though, if I were living in that time, I would be a lowly serf--ha..ha!
How perfect that your result mentioned your actual occupations--scientist AND good writing here on your blog. :-)

Diane said...

Are you SO happy it's February?! :)

Melanie Gillispie said...

I like blogthings. I visited when you posted your word last month. My word was peace. Now I'll have to go see what my Medieval occupation would have been aside from, you know, chattel for the men in my life. ;)

Zuzana said...

=fashion chalet, I immediately noticed that; and I liked it a lot, the fact the pictures were not presented in an ordinary way.
Yes, it is me on the picture; very sweet of you to say that - especially coming from a beauty such as yourself.;)) Thank you.;))

=stevewrien, thank you for stopping by and fore leaving such a kind comment. I am happy you enjoyed the story about Brita.;)
I am excited to know what you would be doing in medieval times.;)

=Tina, you are so funny!;) I am sure the quiz might be more true than most think.;) You told me that you would love to be in the sciences, so I guess it is not far off.;))
And thank you for those kind words.;))

=Diane, I know YOU are happy it is February.;)) I just want it to pass as fast as possible.;))

=Mel, I agree, I think it is a great little site. I always love taking all their tests. I so wonder what your profession would be.;))