July 04, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It is hot. And I mean REALLY hot. This kind of hot I can not really recall from the decade that I have been living in Denmark.
It is impossible to be indoors, as my house is a furnace and outside the only relief can be found in the shade, where it is 32C (90F). And with 44C (111F) in the sun, it is a scorcher.

But I LOVE it. I love it completely and I wish for it to last. It brings back the memories of hot, humid air that I remember with joy from my years spend in North Carolina. And I miss that kind of weather on regular bases. However, everything good up here in the North last only a split second and already tomorrow, the weather will be turning for the worse.

This post is therefore short, as I have no energy to move, not even to write. Additionally I want to spend all the time I possibly can to soak up the sun and the beneficial heat. Instead I let the pictures below describe my Saturday, which is a one that I will recall very fondly in a few months.

But before I go, I would like to wish all of you, my American friends, a wonderful 4th of July!

10 comments:

swenglishexpat said...

We have had the same temperatures in the last couple of days, phuuii, but luckily our house is a little cooler (or should that be "less hot") inside. I prefer 20-25 degrees, but there is nothing much one can do anyway but adapt to it! ;-)

Betsy Brock said...

Would you believe we are having unseasonably cool temperatures? It's really strange to be a little chilly in the morning and evening! Enjoy your hot weather!

Gal Friday said...

Wow! That IS hot(it trearely gets that hot here, even)
And just like you to remain positive and STILL manage a blog entry(even if you say the extreme heat has sapped some energy out of you).
I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight? And poor BatCat...I bet he has a specially cool spot on the floor to try to stay comfortable.
We are having a perfect summer day here--breezy with blue skies and temps hovering around 23*C--could not have asked for a better Indepence Day. :-)

Gal Friday said...

..trearely..? I meant to type "rarely" :-P

Holly said...

Welcome to my world,...HAHAHA!! I am glad that you are enjoying it!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Z!!!!!!!! I really hope that you have an absolutely wonderful day!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Julie Hibbard said...

Everything looks so beautiful!
Hope the evening was much cooler and you were able to enjoy your Saturday!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love how hot it is (:

bisous,
La C.

Zuzana said...

=swenglishexpat,
I guess our weather can be very similar at times, if the high pressure is large enough.;)) I hope you can stay cool.;)) Love your new profile picture.;))

=Betsy,
how odd that is, the weather is sometimes strange. Some of the eastern Europe is also having too much rain and cold, unusual for this time.
Hope your 4th of July weekend was lovely.;))

=Tina,
always love your refreshing comments! I did not even notice the typo - you know that I make so many myself.:P
I am glad you got to have nice weather for the 4th of July! It is important for the fireworks.;)) Yes, Batcat was passed out most of the day in the basement, where the temperature was a bit cooler.;))
xo

=Holly,
thank you so much my dear friend, you were the first one to congratulate me!!! I do not even know how you knew? This was a surprise.;)))
I hope your 4th of July weekend is lovely; I recall that my friends said when I live in the US that the fireworks on the 4th were to celebrate me.;))
xo

=Julie,
thank you.:) I do not mind the heat as I know it is so rare for this part of the world.;)) Hope your Independence weekend was lovely too.;))
xo

=La C.,
welcome and I agree, I love the heat as well! Thank you for stopping by.;))

Hilary said...

We're having a cooler than usual summer so far. The days are certainly pleasant enough but the nights are jacket-worthy. And far more rain than I'd like. Plant life is very happy with it all though. :) Lovely shots as always.

Zuzana said...

=Hilary,
when I am writing this, it is back to cold and rainy for us. Only 20C at the most.:(
Glad you like the pictures, you know that is a big compliment coming from a skilled photographer such as yourself.;))
xo