75 million Danish Kroner. That is about 13 million dollars. And some change.
That is how big the jackpot was in yesterday's national Danish lottery draw, the biggest ever apparently.
It got me thinking about money. I have never won any money and most likely never will. I never buy lottery tickets as I will not win and so there is no need to waste some perfectly good money on a loosing ticket. Money is a funny subject and everyone has an opinion.
To me it means two things: freedom and trouble.
Money is of course a necessity. I will not deny that I would happily accept one million Danish Kroner, just to pay off my mortgage. But I am not really interested in the rest. Such large sum would only keep me awake late at night, worrying about how to invest it and who to trust.
No, my dreams and source of happiness have never been tied to money. That is why I will most likely never have enough of it.
On another note, I have also been tagged (ages ago) by the lovely Tina over at Gal Friday by so called "Twos Meme". Basically, it means answering one question by listing two objects (subjects) in the answers. Anyone up for taking on this challenge is welcomed to it.
Two names you go by:
Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Large earrings.
Two things you did last night:
1. Talked to the handsome Man from Ireland.
Two Pets that you have or have had:
1. Gypsi (a cat).
2. Batcat (a cat).
Two of your favorite things to do:
1. Absolutely nothing (while relaxing and daydreaming).
Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. To see my Irishman.
2. To have a long vacation at home.
Last Two things you ate:
1. Boring lunch consisting of steamed vegetables.
2. A piece of Moser Roth chocolate.
Two people you last talked to:
1. A student in the lab.
2. The departmental janitor.
Two things you’re doing tomorrow:
1. Trying to get more firewood.
Two of the longest trips taken:
1. Drove across the US (east to west and back).
2. Flew from Europe to Brazil. I am never doing that again.
Two favorite beverages:
1. A Vodka Martini; shaken, not stirred. One olive.
2. A well poured Guinness.
2 hours ago