September 22, 2008

Fall Equinox.


And so, once again this year, the day and the night are equally long. The fall equinox took place yesterday. This means that we are entering the fall season. From today, the days are going to get shorter and colder. Autumn can have a sort of a melancholic feeling to it, as it represent a certain end to the beauty and wealth of the summer season. Gone are the lazy, carefree and warm days. However, fall can also have a certain charm. All the brilliant, strong, warm colors everywhere as the foliage changes; the sweet taste of freshly picked, ripe apples; cold, revitalizing long walks on the beach just before sunsets; hot cup of tea or coffee in front of the fireplace in the evenings. Every season holds it's own magic, if one cares to look.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love your last line. The magic is always there, isn't it? We just stop looking for it, I think.

I always see the beginning of each new season as a beginning for me, too... the time to start new projects or put new plans into motion. Fall is one of my favorite beginnings and the images you described are exactly why.

I love this post!

Zuzana said...

Thank you Diane for your -as ALWAYS - very charming, sincere and kind comment. The picture of the beach is taken last September on the top of the peninsula where I live. It is a enigmatic place where two oceans meet and create a very unusual light, as can be seen on the photograph. You would love it there.

Diane said...

I would love it! Want a roommate? Well, OK, 3 roommates (me, a very talkative 9-year-old, and a big, fuzzy white dog)... :)

Zuzana said...

Absolutely, you are all VERY welcome! I have a big house. :) And "Batcat" would love a friend to play with;)