January 25, 2009
Last Sunday Of January.
January is almost over. Named after Janus, the god of the doorway, the dreary month has only one more week left to go. I feel sorry for January, as it is hated by so many. Me included.
I am trying though, to do my best to find something good about this poor month. I am an optimist at heart and so here is a small list of positive things, to wish it good bye;
1. The days ARE getting longer, in contrast to December.
2. As the first month of the year, it offers us fresh starts and new beginnings.
3. January Sundays are perfect to sit curled up in front of the fireplace with a good book or watching movies, without bad conscious of wasting a day.
4. This month is as made for using and burning many candles.
5. The best (the long days of summer) is YET to come.